Friday, January 6, 2012

A Page for SOUS,Jan. 6th and Jan. Core Color Challenge!

It's Friday... time for another reveal of projects done with the latest sketch over at Stuck On U Sketches (SOUS)!  I really loved all the opportunity for layering with today's sketch by our own SOUS designer and co-creator, Nanne Harry!  You too can play along with this challenge... just make sure to link your project to the inlinkz tool at the end of the Jan. 6th posting.  You have 2 weeks, so go get scrappin!

I also went with the snowflake embellishing for my page.  I had a stack of new papers from the latest Winterland and Saint Nick collections at Fancy Pants that I bought last weekend and I just had to cut into them! Now here's what I came up with...



And for whatever reason, these photos here aren't reading clear... everything looks so much prettier IRL!  I also used Cricut cutting for the blue-grey lettering on the Take Note piece (Paper Lace 2 font) and the coral color snowflakes were cut from the Wrap It Up cartridge.  I layered those with some clear glass micro-beads.  The other felt snowflake embellies are also from Fancy Pants... I painted on some Glimmer Glaze and Glimmer Glam to those to make them "sparkle" some! 

Also the colors I chose to work into this page were inspired by the latest January Color Challenge at the Core'dinations blog...


So play along with us on this color challenge and you could have a chance at winning some fabulous Core product...  All entries are due by January 31st either link to this post or post your entry on Core'dination's Facebook page. Please note: due to CHA falling at this time, we may be delayed in posting a winner until the 2nd week in February.

Have a terrific weekend!! :)

13 comments:

Nanne said...

Oh I am lost for words here Andrea.. Love love love the colors and it really looks like it's snowing on your layout.. Absolutely amazing and I'm so glad to have such a talented lady on our team..
Hugs
Nanné
p.s. Happy New Year :)

Shona said...

this is really beautiful and a fun layout too! love the photos and title :) yummy yummy layers!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...who's that handsome man? Of course, leave it me to notice that first! LMBO!
This is a TERRIFIC page Andrea and just adore those really neat papers together, kinda unexpected and I just love that! And those amazing snowflakes!
Great page and great combo w/ that color challenge as well.
And really...shouldn't you be cleaning that scrap room instead of blogging? LOL!! That was awesome seeing those photos! LOVE LOVE to see folks creative spaces!

Have a great weekend my new friend! ~Leah

Rebecca Keppel said...

what fabulous photos and gorgeous layout! love what you did with the sketch and all the goodies like the ribbon, snowflakes details you added. :)

Kim said...

OH that right hand photo is glorious!!! I love the soft Wintery colours on this one Andrea and that soft silky ribbon is just the perfect finishing touch!

Melissa said...

what a beautiful LO! love the papers you used. i think the photos and the papers goes perfectly together and great embellies. have a great weekend!

misty said...

beautiful on screen...so I can't imagine it being even better irl! I love your colors and your layers...stunning work!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wowzers,Andrea .. this is such an enchanting page! First I adore those photos .. omigosh .. and scrapped beyond perfection .. love the swoop at the bottom that mimics a snowbank .. and oh the snowflakes .. don't get me started .. LOVE!

annette said...

i love photos of snow .. especially on a hot day in Australia ... LOL
it helps me feel cooler .. LOL !!!
awesome LO .. you have captured the moment and the page appears to be an extension of the pics .. super .. hugz X:)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, wow, your page is SO beautiful, Andrea! I LOVE the soft colors and all the layering! This is really fabulous!

wendyp said...

Andrea this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love all the layers and that fab color combo!

Anonymous said...

Wowzers!!!! I love your layout! The peaches and blues are just amazing together!!!!

Linda Beeson said...

I love this layout! I so love the colors and of course the subject of the photos is so neat! Great use of that Sketch.