I know I took one look at this week's new SOUS sketch and I was immediately thinking Spring too!
Sandi's sketch depicts florals, a butterfly and even the word Spring, so how could I resist wanting to create something with the long-awaited seasonal theme myself?! So for today I threw together a happy I {heart}You card!
I used the basic elements of the sketch but I decided to use a clustering of three Studio Calico chipboard clouds at the bottom of my card in place of Sandi's trio of oval shapes, and instead of using a photo or rectangular element on the large floral accent, I opted to use a chipboard butterfly over my floral doily accent. The floral doily shape by the way, I cut out using the exclusive Cricut Expression 2 Cricut Alphabet cartridge. That cart has so many great doily shapes included on there, and I'm sure I'll be playing around with those images quite alot! The chipboard butterflies I colorized with some Smooch Spritz sprays and then I also embellished them and the doily accent with some Glam Rocks using the Imaginisce I-Rock tool. Fun stuff! Ohh, and do you love that teal chevron ribbon?? I sure do... it's from the fabulous May Arts company!
And of course I can't forget, Core'dinations! I gotta have my Core cardstock... the Jillian Spotted Core really puts me in a Spring mood. I just love it... esp. in that aqua shade!
Okay... that's all I've got for this post, but I do hope you will go check out the rest of the designers creations on the SOUS blog. Those girls can all seriously rock a sketch! Have a wonderful Friday you all! ;)







18 comments:
Such a beautiful card Andrea! I love how you adapted the design onto your card. Love the aqua, the clouds and of course the butterflies!
nice sketch and love your take on it!! Beautifully done!!!
This is so pretty...I love the little details of the clouds and the folded ribbon. :)
Very nice card! love all your details. Happy weekend!
gorgeous card!Love the colors!
aahhhh, just beautiful, Andrea! Come on down to Texas...it's been in the 70's here, but the pollen is about to carry us away!
wonderful card and I love the bright color combo
i LOVE your interpretation, such a beautiful card!!!
LOVE your card Andrea! :) Gx
Im wanting spring too bird, love your colour combo here fab card xx
Im wanting spring too bird, love your colour combo here fab card xx
Clever to take a sketch of a page to make a card ! It's beautiful !
lovely card Andrea, love your interpretation of the sketch ... hugzX:)
LOOOOVE the colors and the butterflies and I'm really oozing at the seams for that chevron ribbon!! Thanks for noting who makes that!
Great projects Andrea...
Always great to come by and see
what you've been up to!
Awesome craftiness obviously!
=o)
Andrea, I love that you made a card using the sketch!!! It's Beautiful!! I Love the colors!! Hugs!!
those colors are so bright and happy and the pleated ribbon is so pretty!
What a fun and beautiful take on that sketch, Andrea! I love those butterflies! SO love the clouds, too. So clever to use those in place of the oval elements and so fun and different how you've placed them. LOVE!
Post a Comment