Friday, March 16, 2012

SOUS Sketch Reveal for March 16th!

Today is Friday, Yay! So excited because the long-awaited scrappy weekend with my friends has finally arrived! I've taken off work for the day, and I couldn't be any happier that I can get away for a few days with the girls! Now let's just see how much craftiness I can actually get accomplished! ;)

Also for today there's a SOUS sketch reveal up, with yet another sweet sketch to create with!  For my page today I broke out some older My Mind's Eye from their Meadow Lark collection to create this layout about my niece.  Such a terrific black and white line! 

Here's the sketch by SOUS's own Sandi Clarkson...


and this is what I did with it...



I also used the Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge for my cuts here and the flowers are Petaloo paper flowers in Marine Blue, designed to specifically match up to Core'dinations cardstock colors!  Fun!  I love the look of the Marine blue paired with the black and white combo!
Okay... sorry to be short and sweet this morning, but I really do have a bit more packing to get back to.  Everytime I tell myself not to pack eveything I own... afterall, I'm not taking a U-Haul of my scraproom!  Always so hard to narrow down though.  Enjoy the weekend you all, and please don't forget to join in on our sketch challenge at Stuck On U Sketches!  Bye!

14 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous page, Andrea! Love your take on that sketch, and love the colors and papers you used. The pop of blue is just so eye catching and such a perfect match with those sweet photos. LOVE!
I'm so happy for you that you're getting away for a girls' scrappy weekend. Those are the best!

Shona said...

wow love the colors...beautiful!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Wonderful layout! I love the deep, rich color scheme you used and it's just a great take on the sketch! Have fun on your weekend!

curlyqmosaics said...

Beautiful layout Andrea! I love the "elegant edges" and that plaid background makes everything in the foreground pop so well. TFS! Happy weekend!

Nanne said...

How perfect to add that little touch of blue with the black&white.. I actually first thought it was a photo of you, but realized it was your niece..LOL
Hope your having a scrap-tastic weekend with your girls.
Hugs
Nanné

Fern said...

Andrea, this is beautiful!!!! Love the touch of blue!!! Hope your have a wonderful time scrapping this weekend!! Hugs!!!

Kim said...

Andrea you just have this way of making every project you make look STUNNING!!!

Sandi Clarkson said...

So gorgeous, Andrea. I too love those colors together. Awesome use of EE. Have fun on your weekend!

annette said...

wow this just pops .. love it !!! have a super scrappy weekend ... hugz X:)

wendyp said...

Amazing layout!!! Love that bit of blue! Have fun this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Short and sweet totally works sometimes! LOL!
This is VERY fun and the photos are just great....
I also love the color scheme as well!

Hope you are having the BEST weekend!!! Yay!!!!

Beth said...

What a cool page! LOVE the color combination and what cool cuts from that Cricut cartridge! I haven't looked into Elegant Edges (yet), but it might be a purchase soon! Wish I could find the papers, but nothing scrappy within an hour from here anymore :(

Kim said...

Loved your inspiration! Your page is Great! Love the colors:)
~Kim

Rebecca Keppel said...

awesome take on the sketch! the rich colors look so cool!