My gram loves to make all types of cookies and then she makes up cookie platters to give to all her friends and family. It's getting harder and harder for her to do these now but she still really wants to do them, so I told her that I'd help her out more this year. I have scoped the net to find some newer recipes and I've found quite a few that I'll be trying for the first time. Did you know that Hershey's now has "Candy Cane Kisses" ? They are white chocolate with some red striping and candy cane bits. The company has a recipe using them called, "Candy Cane Blossoms", which is a take on the Peanut Butter Blossoms, only using a regular dough rolled in red or green sugar instead of the plain white sugar. They are really cute and colorful, and I'm excited to make those!
Before I go to get to mixing up some cookies, I wanted to share with you a page that I finished up last week for a blog challenge at Rusty Pickle. The challenge for the month of November is to create a page using 3 of their patterned papers and stamping in the page title.
Title: She's Call Waiting
Supplies used -
Cardstock: Bazzill.
Patterned paper: Rusty Pickle (Girlfriend-Doodles, Fair Verona-Fair Verona, and Fair Verona-Hope).
Stamps: Rusty Pickle, Kari Alphabet (SMP04) and Fair Verona (SMP56).
Alpha Stickers: Rusty Pickle, Chocolate Bunnies Alphas.
Ink: Stampin' Up.
Chipboard scallop circle: Making Memories.
The photos are of my niece, Lera waiting for her Prom Date to arrive.
Journaling reads -
"BLAB...BLAB...BLAB...
BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...
Seems like she has nothing better to do while waiting for her Prom Date! {May 5, 2007}."
I'll tell ya, she's attached to that cell phone of hers like 24/7. I think I'm glad that I never had a cell while I was growing up. But I guess maybe it's better than driving your parents crazy with a busy phone line!
Okay, I really must go. I need to get to baking... Have a great day... and week!






13 comments:
Andrea what a lovely thing for you to do helping your grandmother make cookies! I think it's a special time and I hope to see a layout about it too!!! What a fun tradition!!!
Such a great LO and I love the cookie baking this time of year. Need to do a search for that new cookie recipe. Sounds yummy!
gosh, that stuff just looks blisfully evil!!! I wish I were near to taste some of that goodness. That's a great layout. Love the stamping on this one. Hugs
Man, looking at all those ingredients makes me hungry. Maybe I should do some baking of my own.
OH yum!!!! I need to take a trip to Hershey!!! :)
Pretty layout too!!
Very pretty lo! Have fun baking.
Misty
Great LO! Have fun with your cookies! I saw some cute chocolate candy cane cookies in my Kraft magazine this month, I bet the recipe is on thier website!
Love that LO! Oh, and I'll send you my addy so I can taste test those cookies! YUM!
wow...those candy cane blossoms look to die for. Bookmarked that page...yummy, your neice looks yummy too in that gorgeous dress. Great lo. Caught you on Allison's page. Have a beautiful day.
oh man i'd never make it to the baking part!!!!
Oh my gosh Andrea those cookies are so darn cute! I make the peanut butter version all the time, now I have to do these too! Thanks for the link!
Your layout is AMAZING!! LOVE that clever title! You are incredible girl!!!
love the pic...of all the baking goodies....I need to do that with my girls this year.....and thanks for stoppin'over and checking in on me.....Staci
All that cookie baking stuff looks so fun and yummy!
Post a Comment