And can you see the tree off to the right hand side? It still has many beautiful Fall colored leaves on it. I don't mind the first snow of the season really. It's everything after that I don't like!
I just don't care for the fact that as soon as Winter makes it's appearance, it never seems to want to leave.
Anyway, the cookie baking has been coming along quite good. I took a little break today and didn't make any because I've been doing batches pretty consistently all week long and today I wanted a break. Today I focused on some scrapbooking! I did a layout that I thought would be perfect for a page call at Memory Makers, so I hope they think so too! Unfortunately I can't share it right now, as they like never before seen work.
I'm sure everyone is eagerly awaiting Thursday, for Thanksgiving. I know I'm really looking forward to it, and there's always so much wonderful food...too much food! My Dh and I will be going to my brother and sister-in-law's home for the day and she's preparing most of the meal. I am going to make a yummy Sweet Potato Casserole though so I thought I'd share the recipe for it with you all.
Kentucky Bourbon Sweet Potato Casserole
2(29 oz.)cans sweet potatoes
1/3 cup good quality bourbon
1 cup packed dark brown sugar, divided
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup pecan halves
1.5 tablespoons melted butter
Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl mix potatoes, bourbon, 1/2 cup brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Spoon into a 13x9" baking pan.Combine remaining brown sugar,pecans, and butter; mix well. Sprinkle over potatoes evenly.Bake 25 minutes til top is browned.Serves 8.
Here's hoping that all of your Thanksgiving preparations are coming along smoothly! I hope you all have a Blessed Thanksgiving with your families and friends! God Bless!






9 comments:
gosh girlie.. such a beautiful snow pic.. love it.. good luck on the MM sub!
We woke up to snow today too!!! OMW I can't believe it already!!! But I love your view and those trees are gorgeous!!!
I know your work is going to be awesome for MM!!
And girl you were reading my mind, I wanted that recipe as soon as I read you were making it!! I'm gonna try it out!!!!!
I cant believe that snow is hitting places already! Ugh! I am also sure that your work will be wonderful for MM. Good luck
Wanted to stop by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I would like to share in your snow! We get a great big zero inches here. :)
What a gorgeous pic!!!
GORGEOUS photo, Andrea,I love the colours on the leaves with the snow, it looks so picturesque.
I am glad to say our summer is nearly here my bones don't like the cold.
Hope you and Mugi and a wonderful Thanksgiving :)
Good luck with MM.!!
Cheryl ( Cherrybob) Twopeas
oh man look at that snow. I am kind of jealous though...we are lucky if it snows once a year and then when it does it's gone by the next day.
Good luck with the entry. Can't wait until you can share it with us.
Allison
Oh MAN those sweet potatoes sound GOOD!! Might have to still make those this month. :)
Jen
Post a Comment