Here it is, my latest scrapbook page, and the beginning of a new remembrance album. This is the first page I've been able to scrap of Amelia. When I was doing Ava's pages, I was eager to begin the process and I started working on those pages almost the week after I had her. I felt as though all my impressions and images of her tiny being were still fresh in my mind and I wanted to capture all of that before I felt her slip away... not that my memories of her will EVER disappear, but I guess it was more-so a feeling of anxiety of wanting to do her memory justice! It's now going on 3 months since we've "held" Amelia, and I am just now getting the motivation I need to start her pages. We immediately got the photos developed the very next day, afterall pictures were all we would now have. Again, no bringing a baby home from the hospital. There is nothing so lonely as being wheeled out of the hospital without our baby being held in my arms, and even more torturous, the ride home!
I'm glad to be scrapping these photos though! It is therapy to me, and brings me a comfort that can't even be explained. A sweet, sweet friend, Wendy Rago who's in charge of the Bad Girls site, was gracious enough to send me one of her luscious kits after she heard about Amelia. She had hoped that the kit would help me to preserve some of our memories of our lil' girl. I was absolutely thrilled to have gotten her package and I assured her that it would all be put to good use to document our time with Amelia. So, Wendy if you come across this post, I just want to again say thanks! You really do have a big heart, girl! ;)
So here's the first page! It is my most favorite photo of her too. She's so tiny, yet so perfect and amazing. Most of the yummy ingredients used to create this came from the June Bad Girls kit, Malibu Pop Shop...
Remember to click on the photo to view it larger. Other products that I added to the page that were not included in the kit include pink Stickles, black ink, dimensional medium (Aleene's), a floral acrylic stamp from Fancy Pants and the vellum quote from http://www.pregnancylossribbons.com/.
Here are a few more close-up views of the details...
I cut out the above flower from the Tinkering Ink paper (Giardino flower), and added bling to it with dimensional medium and pink Fruit Punch Stickles.
For the "Held" title I used the BasicGrey Undressed chipboard letters (Middleset) that came in the kit, and I painted them with Making Memories Honeydew green paint, also from the kit. The floral accents I then stamped onto the letters with black Staz-On ink and a Fancy Pants floral stamp. I then cover the letters with dimensional medium and extra-fine glitter.
Thanks for letting me share this page with you all! I expect to be working on others real soon, but I may not get the chance until after the big move, which is fast approaching (at last)! Our closing date on the house is scheduled for the 29th of this month, so I have been quite busy packing boxes. Of course I'm trying to avoid packing up the scrap-room until the last possible minute, lol!
Yesterday I had a Hysterosalpingogram test done at the hospital. It's a test performed to detect problems in the size or shape of the uterus that may be the cause of repeated pregnancy loss. It has been determined that my uterus is normal! This is a very good thing to know, but now we still have to persue some further testing. For now this all remains a mystery, but we WILL get to the bottom of all of this... I'm determined!
Again, thanks to everyone for your continued prayers and blessings!
17 comments:
You're right it is a gorgeous page, and I am sure there will be many more to come!
I am proud of you for using this hobby as a tool for therapy. I often find myself doing pages that come in a form of therapy for me too. I think it is good and helps us heal.
Good on you to start creating!
Absolutely gorgeous Andrea!
I am glad that you have had a positive test result. I too had that test, and I know that it is not comfortable, but comforting to know the results.
Such a gorgeous page, Andrea! That poem is so beautiful and touching!
I admire your strength so much and your desire not to give up is so awesome!!!
that page is stunning girl. Very "from the heart" which is the way I like to scrap. So glad to hear that the tests turned in your favor. I'm glad that you're pursuing this as well...and not losing hope of bringing home a tiny miracle. Love you girl. You're definitely still in my prayers.
Your page is so beautiful Andrea! SOOO touching, heartfelt and just all out beautiful. :) Your story has touched my heart so much!
I adore ya!
~Leslie
Beautiful pages! So precious. I'm glad its good therapy for you. I hope you find the cause and get to the bottom of it soom. Big hugs goes out to you and your family.
Hi,
i just wanted to tell you how much the 'payer' on your page meant to me. I have followed your journey and want to tell you how much you and Mugli have impressed me. You are both fine examples of God's love.
Brenda
WOW beautiful tribute.
What a precious layout of your sweet little one. It is beautiful and so heartfelt. I am glad that you have away to honor your dear little one.
Glad that the test went well too. Keep the Faith!!!
How is the house coming along??
Have a blessed week!!
It is positively gorgeous and your journaling brought tears to my eyes. She is just beautiful - so tiny and perfect. (((HUGS)))
This is beautiful ,Andrea.I am so glad that you seem to be able to use your scrapping to help cope with your feelings of loss.
This page is such a heartfelt amazing tribute, Andrea! I, too, am proud of you for creating that. I'm sure it wasn't easy, but I hope that it was helpful for you. Big hugs to you, girl!
Amazing page, the details are beautiful. So glad your test came out well, you're one strong lady. I think of you often and am sending lots of ((hugs))!
Your page is a beautiful tribute to your sweet girl. I continue to send positive thoughts and prayers your way and hope that your wish will someday come true.
Oh my goodness Andrea. This is amazing. Your page is gorgeous and totally, totally touching. It has brought tears to my eyes and a reality to my soul. Thank you for sharing it! I know the Lord has given you strength and I pray he continues to do so.
somehow I missed this! Beautiful beautiful page and the journaling made me cry (again) I so admire your faith. big hugs girlie.. you are mega special!
Post a Comment