Thursday, January 21, 2010

Gearing up for the Weekend!

I'm gettin' ready to get my scrap on this coming weekend!  Tomorrow the Project Runway Crop begins at Serendipity... you can join in if you are wanting to scrap too and want some company as you do so!  I'm planning on scrapping most of the day on Friday and most all of Friday night as well.  Then Saturday I'm packing up the car and heading to Ellen's to scrap the day away with her as we continue cyper-cropping at Serendipity!  I'm sure I'll get sooo much done (snicker,snicker)! 

So there are 2 pre-crop challenges that have been listed already this week and one of them is to make a cool little mini book for personal info, and it's to be made totally from scratch with recycled type items (no pre-made albums).  This is Ellen's pre-crop challenge and I really liked her idea because I have been needing a place to jot down all my info, login-passwords, and such for all of my favorite on-line sites and scrappy places... and blog info, so I really dug into this challenge.  I'm so happy to have such a cheerful spot for my on-line data now!

To create the cover for my book, I first took a piece of plain white felt, and then I covered both the front and back with sections of decorative packaging tapes that I found at Michael's!   Here's what the tapes look like...

Aren't they pretty?  I love them!  There were several color and pattern choices but I only bought these two red damask and green scroll vine rolls, but I believe I'll be headed back to get me some others!  Now, they didn't indicate on the packaging whether or not they are acid-free, but I'm not too picky about that (although I know some scrappers are, so that's why I am mentioning this)!  And on the topic of decorative tapes... did you all catch the new line of "Artisan Tapes" that Pink Paislee is debuting at CHA this coming week?  I just saw them post about these yummies on their blog today, and if you go comment, you have a chance of being selected to win some!  Be sure to check out the Pink Paislee blog and don't miss your chance!  Pink Paislee is totally crankin' out the scrap candy for me this time around!

Back to my data book... I also made the flower on the cover using the green patterned tape and then I popped  a Making Memories Vintage Findings button in the center...

To make the inside dividers for my sections I used a package of square notecards and envies from the Michael's $1 spot.  I then punched out the tabs for the dividers using paint chips.

 










 I didn't put too much in the inside yet... didn't want the world to see my personal info of course, lol!  I'll add all that later!  Just wanted to share... hope you liked it!  I thought it turned out pretty cute for a recycled  item!  

One more scrap related note... just wanted to pass along that there is a DT call for the Creative Cookbooking blog, if anyone is interested in cooking and scrapping about it!  It's a great community of creative ideas for scrapping recipes and such, so please don't hesitate to join in over there if that's something you enjoy! 

Enjoy your weekend everyone, and have fun!  :)

7 comments:

ellen s. said...

NO WAY!
this is tooo freakin awesome! yeah...so cool...can't wait for Sat!

AngMomof3 said...

You are one crafty woman! I'm so happy you came to my blog to participate in the blog hop, but I'm thrilled to have run into your blog.

Looking forward to visiting again soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is really cool. Love those tapes. I hope to crop at Serendipty, too... I'm feeling a little like I fell off a truck this AM... hopefully I can do a bit of scrappin' later if my body will cooperate with me! GRRR.

A Sarasota said...

First off, I LOVE your pink and green blog!! Second, that data book is awesome and so creative. Love the font, love the way you used the tape. Fabulous!!
Alecia

Rebecca Keppel said...

Your mini ROCKS Andrea. I love the color combo, the dividers, the flower, it is all fabulous.

Carla said...

This is an absolutely spectacular little book! What a treasure!!

Staci Taylor said...

Gorgeous!! and great idea too!