Sunday, January 31, 2010

A SOUS sketch... and Guess What?

First off all, I need to let out a big ol' toot because it's a pretty big deal of excitement for this chick that I made it onto the Design Team for Serendipity Scrapbooks! Wooo-Hooo!  I am glad to be on the team with a group of very talented girlies, and I just can't hardly wait to get started with my first kit... I am just super stoked! And this means that I'll have even more fun crafty stuff to share here on my blog too ;) Yay!!

Last weekend I got a lot of scrapping accomplished because of Serendipity's on-line crop and this entire week I've been in the biggest scrappy mood so I've just kept going with the flow... and absolutely disregarding the big mess I have going on in my scrap-room.  It really is horrid!  I MUST get in and clean it all up, but I've just been having too much fun ;)  So anyway, there is a neat lil' sketch challenge blog that I came across awhile back while over on the Cricut forum called, Stuck On U Sketches. I've admired everybody's work for quite some time but I haven't ventured to play along with any of the sketches yet myself, so Friday night they put up the new sketch on their blog and I gave it a go today after church.  I love using sketches... makes scrapping fun I think... seeing how everyone has a different spin and interpretation.  Here's the sketch for the week...
I decided to turn the sketch upside down, so that's why my page looks a bit different...and here's my page...


The big circle doily was an image cut from the new Cricut Mother's Day cartridge... and I love that doily cut!  I thinks me will be using that one quite often :) 
Have a terrific week... and try to stay warm!  ;)

22 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Andrea, I'm ecstatic that you joined the fun this week! Love the LO and the colors work so great for prom readiness theme. Fabulous work as always!

Sandy said...

Hi Andrea...congrats on the DT! They are so blessed to have you...your work is devine!!!! Thanx so much for playing along with us @ SOUS...I love the pics you've chosen and the layout is just fab!

Nancy said...

woohooo girlie...CONGRATS on the DT....I jsut love this layout that you've made with the sketch. I really miss doing layouts. I've been making more cards than anything these past couple of years. Well since CX went off line. I read your post below and I'm right with ya girl. I really enjoyed hangin out there as well and do miss everyone. I'm looking for a place and I might just pop over to the one you shared. Sounds like a nice place. Well have a good one and I just loved all of your Christmas photos you shared.

Hugs
Nancy T.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! That's awesome news! I'm so stinkin' excited for you!! Woo-hoo!!! Love your layout, too. So pretty and girly. Congrats again!!

Beth said...

CONGRATS Andrea on making the DT!! I knew if you were trying out, that you'd make it!! They are going to love having you!!

Unknown said...

Well what a thrill for you! I know it was a major gigantic deal for me...so I totally understand and am very happy for you!

I love this LO and am so pleased you finally joined us and I hope that you can again...I know what you mean when you get this crazy crafty wind and can't stop! LOL! yes, it does reck havoc on the scrap space but so worth it! love what you've done here and those photos are crazy amazing!!!

Monique said...

Hi Andrea, congrats on the DT! Love your LO, beautiful colours too. Overhere we don't know a prom ball as you do but they still have lots of fun on their last school ball.

Elizabeth said...

Way to go girlie, you totally deserve to be on their team and then some!!!! YOU ROCK!!! :)

I love your page, its fun colors! Hope everything is well, I think of you often and pray for you!
e.

Nanne said...

wow Andrea.. Your layouts are so amazing.. I love your take on this weeks sketch, you just dazzled it to pretty pieces.. Superb prints and colors.. Wowzers !!
Congrats on the DT as well, I can't wait to see what you will create.
Always a pleasure
hugs
Nanné
p.s. Before I forget, thank you so much for playing this week, hope you can join us again next week.. :O)

Barb Craft said...

Fabulous job on the LO! I can't resist playing along over at SOUS no matter how busy my week gets! I like the way you flipped the sketch... and love that doiley cut too! Congrats on your design team!
Barb

Emily said...

Congratulations. That is awesome!!! I told you they would be crazy to pass you up. Very cute LO.

Debbie said...

Andrea, your layout is beautiful. I love the lettering! Congrats on making the DT over at Serendipity. They have the best kits!

scrappermimi said...

A very big congrats to you girl! I love my time on the DT at Serendipity! You will do an amazing job...enjoy!

Suzanne said...

congrats girl on the dt gig!!! that's awesome, and I absolutely love that layout! Wow, your work still has me drooling...lol. Hope you're doing well girl. big hugs!

HeatherC said...

Congrats Andrea!! I am so excited for you.

Rebecca Keppel said...

Gorgeous--I love the vibrant orange in the photos and layout. And that doily is divine! Congrats again on the DT--I hope we get our kits this week!!

Renee Lamb said...

ooh how exciting Andrea!!! I'm so excited for you to be part of the team! HUGE CONGRATS GIRL! And I love the layout you created with the sketch! It's wonderful!

Mireille said...

Congrats sweetie! how awesome!! totally excited for you and I LOVE that layout!!

Wendy Kwok said...

Congrats on the DT! So cool! And that LO is just gorgeous. Love the colours you chose

Julie said...

congrats on the dt gig. love this layout here. thanks for popping by my blog

Lynn said...

What a beaatiful layout..it's so creative..And thankyou for your lovely comments on my blog :))

Staci Taylor said...

SO excited for you, andrea!! big congrats, my friend! love the layout - great design!