Yes, today is October 1st, and it's World Card-Making Day! I love October AND card-making so it's a perfect fit! And I happened to see that one of my favorite blogs, The Cricut blog, is offering up a super cool contest for the occasion. :) All you need to do is submit a card creation for an opportunity in winning one of 3 Cuttlebug machines that they are giving away! Awesome, because although I have a Cuttlebug, I've been wanting to upgrade to the new and improved machine, so here's my chance!
Here's my card creation... perfect for October as well...
I used the Cricut Happy Hauntings cartridge for this card... and I LOVE this holiday cartridge! To make the spider's body and Dracula's hair more textured here, I used some green pom-poms that I cut off of a section of American Craft's Dear Lizzy trim. I took the pom-poms and smooshed them and pulled them apart slightly then inked them with some black Staz-On ink. After adhering the inked fibers to his head I took a white gel pen and used it to draw some emphasis to his hair part, as well as details to his eyes and fangs. The web background was created with the Cuttlebug Spider-Web folder. Hope you enjoyed my Halloween inspired, Cricut and Cuttlebug created card and thanks for stopping by!






16 comments:
Lots of great details!
╔══════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════╗
So much detail and texture. I like it!
I became a follower of your blog too!
Hugs and Blessings!
Jasmine Wilmany
I'm a Cricut Circle member too!
╚══════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════╝
Oh my gosh, Andrea! SO CUTE!!!
Awesome and the hair is amazing!!! Good luck!!!
This is a FAB card! I really wanted that spiderweb embossing folder but everywhere I looked it was out last year! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate your sweet comment about my Core'dinations post with the crinkled leaves!
OMG... this is the cutest card!!! I love the highlights in his hair, you're amzing, girl!
awwwwww is that not the cutest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMGosh! This is genius, Andrea! You are a shoe in to win! LOVE the hair! Brilliant!
That is fabulous!! Love the hair and of course the whole darn thing is too too cute! The stuff you come up with never ceases to amaze me!
EEK! That is one fantastic card!! So funny because my son was trimming pom poms this weekend. He said he was going to use the trimmings for pom pom cupcakes ;) I think he just likes making a mess lol :)
Fabulous card - awesome as always - you make cards look like layouts!
Very cute!!!!!
e.
I am in love with this card!! The webbing on the background ROCKS and I love that little Frankie! Great job my friend!
Fabulous card! Love all of the details, especially the embossed spider web!
love this card! what a great combination of cuts and embossing!
Andrea - I can't seem to find your e-mail and really need to chat with you about your angels and support for me during my RPL. We our friends through our blogs www.papertrix.blogspot.com I would greatly appreciate it if you could contact me emilyrupar@charter.net.
THANK YOU!!!! Emily
Post a Comment