Hello there, friends!
As the last few hours of the weekend wind to a close, I wanted to post about my card creations that I've done for this, the third week of Card Sharks challenges at The Nook! Gotta tell ya that even though I'm not in the lead, I've still been having so much fun pushing myself with these creative challenges. Plus, I've also had my first card that I made for Card Sharks requested for publication with Cricut magazine, so I can not be anything but happy about that!
So onto the latest challenges...
The first is "POKER FLUSH", which involves any 5 cards of the same suit... so we are to create a card using 5 embellishments of the same kind. A variation of color or shape is allowed, but it should be easy to identify 5 embellies of the same suit! I went with 5 trees to design a Christmas card.
I used a tin Christmas tree ornament (in the center) that I bought after Christmas last year and I sanded it a bit and repainted with some Suade It Krylon spray and then spritzed on some Glimmer Mist. Then I cut the two bird topped trees using the Give A Hoot Cricut cart and the other two trees using the Designer's Calendar cart. Cardstock is Core'dinations Essentials, TH Kraft Core and BG Ornate collection (Chocolate Box). The patterned paper is all from the BG Nordic Holiday collection. I also embellished the tree cuts with Diamond Dust glass glitter, Sugar Coating glitter and glass micro-beads. And I almost forgot... I cut a strip of green Tim Holtz Kraft Core and punched it through my Dymo label maker for the "Oh Christmas Tree" banner.
I also happened to see that there is a diecut challenge going on over at Stuck On U Sketches right now using Christmas trees! How perfect!
The second challenge is the game of "Crazy 8's". Simple enough we had to use various elements to total a formula of 8 items and no more than 8.
I used (1) Authentic patterned paper, (1) Authentic Diecut, (1) Webster's Pages Stickpin, (2) Velvet Maya Road ribbon flowers, and (3) Prima leaves.
And for the BONUS challenge, we needed to create a Love themed/Valentine's card.
Here I used all Core cardstock and My Mind's Eye Lime Twist collection (with a bit more of the Stella and Rose wood-grain and speckled blue pattern from the Pretty Please line). Isn't that the cutest little nest of love birds? Found this on the Sweethearts Cricut cart! To create the nest filler I cut up some jute string and glued the fibers to the top inside of the nest. The stamp edge frame was cut using the Elegant Edges cart.
That's it! Hopefully I'll be able to continue on and won't be eliminated from week 4! Have a great week, friends!







19 comments:
these are just gorgeous Andrea! :) Gx
Awesome cards, Andrea! They are all so beautifully detailed. Just adore the little lovebirds. :)
Fabulous cards, Andrea! I KNOW you are going to keep going in the contest with these cuties! Love what you did with the trees. Using the ornament you picked up last year and re-purposing it was genius. And I SO love those sweet birds. The nest is awesome, too!
Awesome cards, Andrea!! I think, if I get to pick a favorite, would be the 2nd one, but only because of the colors. LOL!Good luck with the contest, I'm sure you'll keep moving on til the end!
Girl you cards are fantastic!!!
beautiful cards! and congrats on the pub!
Beautiful cards Andrea!!!
Awesome cards!! I enjoyed viewing each of the cards and the details are just so pretty!!
Lovely cards and what an extra bonus that you may get published from one of them! Grats!
Can I say it...can I?
I am DYING over the texture on your
projects..I seriously just want to touch them!
LOL!
And that says a lot about a project, I think!
Glad to get to come by Andrea...see you soon!
wink wink!
Leah
these rock! i love the Christmas tree "cookies" and the little birds are just too cute!
Wowzers, look at all of this eye candy! Love your tree project .. over the top, gf! Like Leah said: great texture!
Love, love, love your cards!!!! I am so impressed with those of you who can get those cards done! I would be here all week and not get that many done!!! Wonderful job!!!
Well done, Andrea! Your cards afe fabulous!
terrific Christmas tree card & love all your other cards ...Thanks for taking up the challenge on SOUS .. cheers X:)
Great cards all three of them. Love the layers an details :) thanks for joining us at SOUS!
Fabulous cards, Andrea!
Wow!! Those are some amazing cards and inspires me to get off of my butt and get crafting..LOL
hugs
Nanné
Wow all your cards are amazing! I love them all (so glad I don't have to pick one, lol) So glad you joined us at SOUS!
((Hugs)) Theresa
Post a Comment