Sooo, would you like to see some lil' peeks of the things I submitted? We had to submit 3 layouts in our entries and 1 extra project that could be a home decor item, a set of cards or an extra layout.
and my third page...
For my extra project I went with a home decor item, and here's a sneak of it...
I do want to be a part of this Fancy Pants DT and it would be the ultimate scrapbooking dream for me, but regardless, I LOVE all these submissions that I've done. I'll be sure to show them in detail after the DT selection. Before I wrap up this post though I thought I'd share one more page tonight. This one was from my Fancy Pants DT entry from when I got an Honorable Mention and it's also a remembrance layout for our Ava. Absolutely one of my most cherished and loved pages that I've completed to date...
Daddy's Heart
Here is some more detail of the title-work...
The journaling for this page is a poem that I found in the "Pea Soup" at Two Peas. It expresses everything that I had ever hoped for in a father for my children. Mugi has definitely completed that vision for me. He has stuck by my side for all these difficult pregnancies, he has been my biggest support. We welcomed our babies into this world together and I know how eager he has been to step into the father role. I think it takes a pretty special person to be a daddy of Angels!
When I heard the news of you,
I did the things that most daddies do.
I opened up my heart so wide,
For you to have a place inside.
As each day passed, I'd think of you,
I'd watch you grow, I was "expecting" too!
I tried to imagine the person you'd be
Would you look or act like me?
I thought of the things that we would do,
The times we'd share, just us two.
I would give you piggyback rides,
Push your swing and watch you slide.
I would teach you how to ride a bike,
Catch your first ball and throw your first strike.
I would hold your hand in mine,
Be your protector, strong yet kind.
I would be your hero and friend,
Give love and advice on which you'd depend.
I will always remember the day you were born,
I cradled a miracle, small and warm.
What words I had were scarce and few,
A tear and a smile were the best I could do.
Life gave me a moment, precious and rare,
Bursting with pride, excitement and care.
I promised you then, all that I had,
See, you were my child and I was your dad.
When I heard the news of you,
I did the things that most daddies do.
I opened my heart so wide,
Where you will ALWAYS have a place inside.
As always, thanks for taking the time to look and read about my work. I love sharing it with you all!






20 comments:
Oh gosh, what lovely sneaks and work. I hope you make it this round!!!!!
Good for you. Think positive. :)
Beautiful peeks, Andrea!!! I've got my fingers crossed so tightly for you!!!
The Daddy's Heart layout is beautiful!! HUGS!!
good luck girl! from the peeks...you have rocked those pages! they'd be crazy not to pick you! Love, love, love what you did with the Daddy's Heart layout. I have that paper and find it so absolutely hard to use...you've used it perfectly. What beautiful journaling.
Wow, those peeks are amazing! Hoping we get to see the entire creations some day soon! BUT - more then that - hoping you hear from a DT!!
SUPER GOOD LUCK GIRL .. the sneaks look fabulous .. hope you make it
Keepin' my fingers crossed.... the peeks are yummy!!! Can't wait to see more!!
Oh Andrea, I am rooting for you!!! Good luck girl! I love the sneaks - beautiful!!
Thanks for sharing "Daddy's Heart". What a beautiful tribute to your precious daughter. (((hugs)))
Good luck girl...FP is my all time fav too. Love all that goodness and I'm hoping you get what you need. The sneaks look absolutely fantastic. Cannot wait to see them.
your peeks look wonderful Andrea. The best of luck to you sweetie.
I love your sneak peek's girlie and really hope you make the team too {both teams} you really deserve it Andrea!!!! I am pullin' for you! Thanks for sharing and updating, I come on daily to see if you have, lol! :)
Hugs Andrea!! Wait on the Lord! Hugs to you and prayers are going your way!!
I commented on this post the other day but I wanted to come and let you know that - I tagged you! Read about it here
http://pkod.blogspot.com/2008/08/cps-sketch-77-and-more.html
Gorgeous projects (well what I can see of them, I am sure they are even better when you can see the whole thing). I sure hope that you make both teams! I would LOVE it if we both made the team over at CX!! I am sitting here nervous as ever waiting for the announcement or a call!
First off....i love your daddy's heart layout...and i think i will be using that poem as well. thanks. And VERY best of luck to you with both DTs! You are very deserving!!! (HUGS)
good luck! Your sneaks look great! Love the last layout too so sweet!
Good luck Andrea. I had never seen that LO of Ava and Mugi-it's really beautiful
Awww! love the LOs - and I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you get the DTs!! Your work is AWESOME!!!
Oh, and thanks for checking in on my - LOL - I've been crazy lately!
Hey Andrea! Best of luck on the DT tryouts! LOVE the peeks... can't wait to see the rest of the pieces! Have a great weekend! Amy Tara
Hey Andrea!!!
Thanks for all of your votes and support with the contest!! :)
I had submitted a few things to FP too, not real hopeful though!! I really truly hope you get it!! Your stuff is Amazing!! Best of Luck with Fancy Pants DT, and the CX DT too!!!!
~Ronda
Hey Andrea!!!
Thanks for all of your votes and support with the contest!! :)
I had submitted a few things to FP too, not real hopeful though!! I really truly hope you get it!! Your stuff is Amazing!! Best of Luck with Fancy Pants DT, and the CX DT too!!!!
~Ronda
Post a Comment